Category: Community

President Emmerson Mnangagwa promised free, fair and credible elections

2018 Youth and Voter Registration in Zimbabwe

By Eric M Moyo I am now more than ready to vote, and now the wait seems like a long time. I left before I am ready to go and scribble what could be perhaps one of the...

Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe's former President from 1980 to 2017

What is hindering youth participation in electoral issues?

By Kiamuhetsi Sibanda Since independence our county has gone through seven electoral cycles. These electoral cycles have been associated with young people being used for...

Jonas Mushosho, Old Mutual Group Chief Executive Officer

Fireworks expected at HIFA

This year’s edition of the Harare International Festival of the Arts (HIFA) is set to explode to life from the 1st to the 6th of May 2018 with 250 visiting artists...

Econet Wireless Advert

‘Chaka-Chaya neEcoCash’ promotion is back!

The ‘Chaka-Chaya neEcoCash’ promotion is back, offering much bigger prizes and affording much more people the chance to win thousands of prizes, the company has...

EU Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development, Neven Mimica (L) meets President Mnagagwa (R)

EU stands ready to accelerate support to Zimbabwe during its transition process

Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development, Neven Mimica, is visiting Zimbabwe, where he is meeting President Emmerson Mnangagwa, as well as visiting EU...

System Tazvida, the late sungura music legend

System Tazvida debut album Rudo, Tsika Nemagariro 25 years later

By Farai Chirimumimba I love anniversaries, especially when it comes to album releases in Zimbabwe. Worldwide groundbreaking albums are usually celebrated when they...

Stanley Karombo, aspiring Member of the House of Assembly for Shamva North

Former journalist and academic takes Goche head-on

Nicholas Goche, Zanu pf’s incumbent Member of the House of Assembly for Shamva North faces a tough race in the ruling party’s upcoming primary elections.   The...

Petronella Kagonye, Minister of Labour and Social Welfare

Stakeholders urged to create employment opportunities

By Byron Mutingwende   Stakeholders have been urged to engage in employment creation for improved standards of living of the citizenry.   Petronella Kagonye,...

Officials from ILO, UNFPA, City of Harare, beneficiaries of ILO skills training and Swedish MPs on tour of Tariro Clinic and Youth Centre

Swedish MPs tour Tariro Clinic and Youth Centre in Hopley

By Byron Mutingwende   A delegation from the Swedish Parliament toured the Tariro Clinic and Youth Centre in Hopley to assess the impact of interventions by their...

Givemore Chidzidzi (second from left) touring some unlicensed premises in the company of members from ZTA Destination Management divison

ZTA shuts down unlicensed operators

By Joyce Mukucha and Patricia Mashiri The Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA) is in the process of shutting down all unlicensed and lapsed tourist facilities following one...