Category: Community

Archbishop Johanes Ndanga (in purple gown) officiates at couples rededication ceremony in Harare

FFWPU rededicates 4000 couples in marriage

By Byron Mutingwende   In a bid to strengthen and honour the institution of marriage, the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification (FFWPU) Zimbabwe Chapter...

ZEC issued a statement against coercion of voters by traditional leaders in the past

Outcry over partisan village heads in Murehwa

By ZimRights VILLAGE heads in Murehwa North constituency, Mashonaland East, continue to manipulate social welfare programs such as food aid meant for the vulnerable to...

MSF is urging European Member States to facilitate the immediate disembarkation of 629 people rescued over the weekend in Mediterranean and now aboard Aquarius

MSF: Disembarkation of 629 people on board the Aquarius cannot be delayed further

By MSF Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is urging European Member States to facilitate the immediate disembarkation of 629 people rescued over the weekend in Mediterranean...

Delegates at Zimnat Trade Credit Insurance Conference in Harare

Trade credit risks discussed at Zimnat conference

The majority of trade transactions across the world are conducted on open account terms, supported by a purchase order and invoice with mutually agreed payment terms as...

Call for 25% women's quota gathers momentum

Making a case for 25 % Young women’s Quota in Zimbabwe

By Institute for Young Women Development We write with a heavy heart in such devastating times being witnessed in the country. Recent and ongoing developments in our...

Friendship benches a useful tool in addressing mental health challenges

Artists, journalists have important role in mental wellness

By Byron Mutingwende   “When I was involved in an accident, music helped me find myself because I was depressed for long. I had changed as far as I was concerned....

James Maridadi, Mabvuka-Tafara MP (L) launches project to advocate for licensing of community radio licenses

AIZ, ZACRAS insist on compelling need to licence community radios

By Byron Mutingwende   There is a compelling need to license community radio stations, Amnesty International Zimbabwe (AIZ) and the Zimbabwe Association of...

ERC Leadership at the launch of their fourth issue of the Election Reform Barometer

ZEC should improve transparency and accountability: ERC

By Byron Mutingwende   The Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) should improve on transparency and accountability in order for it to pass the test of a credible,...

Panelists at the UNICEF "Brown Bag" discussion

Address menstruation challenges: Stakeholders urged

Byron Mutingwende   Challenges faced by women and girls regarding menstruation should be addressed as an important component of the adolescent sexual and...

President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari (C) at the 61st Meeting of the UNWTO Commission for Africa

African Tourism Ministers Stress the Importance of Correct Tourism Measurement for Improved Policy

“Tourism Statistics: A Catalyst for Development”, was the theme of this year’s seminar in the context of the 61st Meeting of the UNWTO Commission for Africa...